The Governing bodies of Lionwood Infant and Nursery School and Lionwood Junior School elected to federate with effect on 1st September 2014, forming the Lionwood Schools Federation.
The Lionwood Schools Federation has 13 Governors. The Headteacher is a Governor and there is one further staff governor. The Governing Body is made up of representatives of the parents, staff, Local Authority, co-opted and associate governors.
Your school governors are:
- Selene Sawyer (Executive Headteacher)
- Sharon Forder, Chair of Governors (Parent Governor)
- Patrick Neale, Vice Chair of Governors (Co-opted Governor)
- Aimee Barter (Co-opted Governor)
- Arnold Browne (Co-opted Governor)
- Pamela Dons (Co-opted Governor)
- Graham Hopkins (Associate Governor)
- Hannah Kingsley (Co-opted Governor)
- Alison Osborne (Local Authority Governor)
- Glenda Platford-Prior (Staff Governor)
- Briony Webb (Parent Governor)
- Tim Wood (Co-opted Governor)
We are supported by Natalie Lee, Clerk to the Governors
Our Governors are responsible for the strategic vision of the schools and for supporting the Headteacher and her staff in achieving that vision. Governors have responsibility for appointing the Headteacher, managing the school’s budget, setting annual targets and monitoring performance against those targets, all in the interest of raising standards of achievement.
We have three committees on our Governing Body:
- Personnel, Site and Finance – which includes Health and Safety.
- Achievement, Teaching and Learning.
- Behaviour and Safety – which also includes Health and Safety, Attendance and Safeguarding.
These committees meet twice a term and report back to the full governing body on all business, including safeguarding. The Full Governing Body meets once a term. Governors visit the school regularly, attending events and undertaking learning walks in order to effectively monitor the quality of learning at The Lionwood Federation.
If you are interested in becoming a School Governor please contact one of our Governors or the Headteacher for more information.
A Declaration of Pecuniary or Personal Interests is signed annually by every governor. In every committee and full governing body meeting, there is space on the agenda for any declaration of interests that arise over the year.
Please click on the link below to access our Governors Details including the Register of Business Interests.